Ross Honeywill’s books have been published in Australia, North America, New Zealand and mainland China.
NEO Power (Scribe, 2006) created an international following, and his sell-out first book I-Cons was published in Australia, New Zealand (Random House, 2001) and Mainland China (Citic, 2004). His most recent business book One Hundred Thirteen Million Markets of One, published in North American, recently became an Amazon top 100 bestseller in the business/consumer category.
In 2008 Ross Honeywill’s first creative non-fiction book was launched to critical acclaim at the Melbourne Writers’ Festival. The book, Lamarck’s Evolution: two centuries of genius and jealousy (Pier 9), launched him to a general readership. His next book WASTED, the roller-coasterstory of the violent and creative life of Jim McNeil, a bestseller in Australia, was published by Penguin in September 2010 (Penguin’s Viking imprint). WASTED was shortlisted in August 2011 in the Ned Kelly Awards for true crime writing. It is currently under development for the screen.
Of Lamarck’s Evolution the Melbourne Age said, “Spellbinding reading … a story full of arch enemies, machiavellian conspiracies and passionate debate”. The Canberra Times said, “Honeywill writes beautifully in this fascinating story.”
Of WASTED Bob Ellis said, “A fine, nuanced narrative – this is a remarkable road trip movie of a book” and Corrie Perkin wrote “Honeywill is a great storyteller … this engaging narrative wil have you turning pages vigorously.”
Of Ross Honeywill’s most recent book The Man Problem Dr James Stewart said, “This is a book that challenges our normal understanding of the history of masculinity. Explosive and devastating in its analysis, it will no doubt have the effect of shocking many readers with its radical observations about the role of men in undermining Western society.”
Ross Honeywill is currently completing Somewhere Else to Die, his debut novel (recipient of Arts Tasmania development grant).
- 2001: I-Cons: the essential guide to winning and keeping high-value customers (with Verity Byth) Random House
- 2004: (Chinese edition) I-Cons: the essential guide to winning and keeping high-value customers (with Verity Byth) Citic Publishing, Mainland China
- 2006: NEO Power: how the new economic order is changing the way we live, work and play (with Verity Byth) Scribe Publications
- 2008: Managing the Innovation Faultline – chapter in Inside the Innovation Matrix (with Verity Byth) Australian Business Foundation
- 2008: Lamarck’s Evolution: two centuries of genius and jealousy. Pier 9 (a Murdoch Books imprint)
- 2010: Wasted: the true story of Jim McNeil, violent criminal and brilliant playwright. Viking (a Penguin imprint)
- 2012: One Hundred-Thirteen Million Markets of One launched in North America (with Christopher Norton) Fingerprint
- 2014: It’s Not a Glass Ceiling; It’s a Masculine Fault Line – chapter in Gender Discrimination and Inequality, The Spinney Press – editor J Healey
- 2016: The Man Problem: Destructive Masculinity in Western Culture, Palgrave Macmillan, New York
- 2018: Somewhere Else to Die, a novel (recipient of Arts Tasmania Grant 2014)